Created May 2019
With this feature enabled you can use the Volume Keys as a shortcut for activating a designated accessibility feature.
In this article
- To access the Accessibility features on your Android device open the Settings app .
- In the Settings app, select Accessibility from the list.
- Now select Volume key shortcut.
- On the Volume key shortcut screen, select Use service to set the toggle switch to On.
- By default, the TalkBack screen reader is the service activated by the Volume key shortcut. To assign a different service, select Shortcut service and choose from the following options:
- Colour Inversion
- Colour Correction
- Accessibility Menu
- Select to Speak
- Switch Access
- Other Google accessibility services, such as Live Transcribe and Sound Amplifier, that you may have installed from the Play store
To activate the Volume key shortcut, press and hold both volume keys for 3 seconds. The assigned accessibility service will start immediately.
Note: we have written these instructions for devices running the standard version of the Android operating system. You may find some minor presentation differences if the manufacturer has customised the theme.