Created June 2019
The start-up tone gives you audio feedback when the login screen appears after you start your device. By default, this setting is turned off.
How to enable the start-up sound
- To access the Accessibility features on your device, select the time in the bottom right corner to open the System menu.
- Select the Settings button.
- In the Settings window select the menu button.
- If not already open, click Advanced to reveal the menu items.
- Select Accessibility.
- Select Manage accessibility settings.
- On the Accessibility settings screen, scroll down to the Audio section.
- Select Play sound on start-up to set the toggle switch to On.
Note: If this does not work it could be because your computer settings are managed by someone else (an IT department or administrator for example). If this is the case, you will need to contact them to access these settings or for further help.